Friday, August 21, 2009

Sometimes I just want to lock myself

in my room and hide from my kids... SERIOUSLY! This week has been so challenging. I think I just need to vent before I take it out on someone I love. So, we are in the AWESOME 2 year old stage. He thinks he doesn't need to nap anymore, but yesterday by 5 he was full out screaming at the top of his lungs in the grocery store. I hurried and got the items I needed for dinner and LEFT, QUICK. I wanted to throw him in his car seat and yell at the top of my lungs... but I didn't. I honestly know I need a break, but I have no one to watch my kids. Then my other child has been on one as well. Neither of these little stinkers think they have to listen to me anymore. I don't understand. Do any of you have any advice for me, I'm to the end of my rope. AND... I can't believe I'm adding another one to the mix soon. Seriously... I'm SCARED.

9 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

I hate those bad days. Don't you wish since you could have a time out for the same minutes as you age? I sure wish I could have a 23 minute time out sometimes!! :)

Kim said...

I wish I had some advice for you!!! My kids are the exact same way (you won't believe me, but it is true). Hopefully things get better! Good luck.

Honey Family Blog said...

I know exactly how you feel! My kids don't listen to a word a say even if I say it 10 times unless I start to yell and threaten their lives! It's horrible! And not to make you more scared but 3 only makes it worse. They know you are busy with the baby and they know you can do nothing about it! Sorry and Good Luck! If anything works for you please let me know!!!

jenbulkley said...

Sorry...its all my fault. After our visit I scared you huh

Erin said...

Wow... that really was quite possibly the worst day of being a mom I have ever had. Glad to report it has been much better since. Yesterday and today Carter has taken a nap! YIPEE...

Williams Family said...

it must be the week my kids have been the same way screaming on demand and crying i thought i was going crazy some day i think i yelled alday it got to the point that belle would ask mom have u been mad at us today. o i feel ur pain it has to get better it has to. good luck and just scream in a pillow lol love ya hope your liitle girl is doing good:)

Clenece said...

I am so sorry!!! These are the days I guess you can say...I hope it gets better SOON!!!!

Jess said...

Oh Erin! Your kids are having a hard time adjusting. Have you tried the sticker charts or jar of marbles yet? The best advice I can give you is...Just be consistant. You have to be very consistant at least for a few days so that they know that you mean business. It won't take them very long to figure out. I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. I wish I lived by you and we could hang out!!!

The Cary Family said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! I've been so bad this summer with keeping up with blogs. Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. I bet you are having so much fun buying all the girlie stuff. i can't even bear to look at it in the store. 2 more weeks and we'll find out what this one is.
my advice: really just lock yourself in your room. I do it!!