Sunday, April 27, 2008

I hate it when my kids are sick...

Well we all just got over a cold (except Mike never got it) and then yesterday... Carter was not acting normal at all. He was napping a lot and just crying and being super clingy. After his afternoon nap he felt hot and had a fever of 102. Then right after he started trying to pull off his left ear, and was totally screaming. So obviously he has an ear infection, so I called the Doc and he called in an antibiotic (I love that my Dr will do that). But Carter didn't sleep very well last night and as soon as the Motrin would wear off he would have a fever again. I just feel so bad for him, he looks at me with the saddest "puppy dog" eyes. Hopefully the antibiotic will start working soon and will help him to feel better!

3 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

Poor guy! I hope he gets feeling better!

I just wanted to say about the potty training stuff... he would probably do really well to start anytime! The lady that wrote the ebook is from Lehi and had 5 boys and she started them all at 22 months and they all got it between 3 and 4 days after starting! She says the few requirements are that they can communicate what they want, go to bed w/o a cup or bottle, for 2-3 hours before going to bed preferrably, and he SHOULD be waking up dry, but if not she gives suggestions on what to do if they go during the night. She said she thinks the ideal age is 22 months though because they are ready at this time and don't get into bad habits, so I would say the sooner you start working with him the better! If you have any more questions for me let me know!

Holley and Brandon said...

Poor Carter... hearing stories like this makes me SO look forward to having a kid :)

Clenece said...

I am so sorry. I guess the cold season isn't over! I hope he starts to feel better soon for you!