Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Kiley...

Hey Ki it's your birthday! I hope you are having an AWESOME day! I have been thinking about all the fun things we did together in high school. I wish I could go back for just one day. We seriously shared a Cafe Rio chicken salad everyday one summer, then we would go find a pool to sneak into. It was sooooooooo FUN! All the good memories. I really wanted to put a picture of Ki in my cheerleading outfit, but I CAN NOT find it, dang because it was sooooooooooo funny! Well hope you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

MY CRAPPY MORNING-
On another note, I have to tell about my morning... Holy crap it was bad! I woke up and thought oh no, it's the last day of the month- I have to go to WIC. So I pack up the kids and we get there at 9:00, the place is packed. Duh... I should have gone earlier in the month but never got around to it. Well we are waiting and I hear Carter rumbling (yes, he majorly went to the bathroom). I look in my bag and NO wipes... so I thought I will just wait to change him, hopefully this doesn't take too long. Next thing I know it's leaking out onto his shorts. So I go and tell them I have to go and change my baby's diaper and for some reason the lady was soooooooo nice and asked me if I needed anything. So I asked for wipes, she had some. I though ok I can just wipe it out of his shorts, it was just a little bit. We get to the bathroom and it is clear up to the back of his shoulders. All over in his onesis and I have NO extra clothes. So I get him naked and get him all cleaned up, having no idea what to put him in. So I rinse out his polo shirt in the back where the poop was, luckily the onesis got most of it. And tried to dry it with like a million paper towels. Wipe out his shorts and put on his cold, wet shirt and head back in. Like 10 minutes later, here comes round 2 (REMEMBER HOW MANY ANTIBIOTICS HE'S BEEN ON FOR HIS EARS)! Look in my bag and not a single diaper or wipes now. How could I be soooooooooooooooooooooo UNPREPARED! So I asked them if I could go home and change my baby and then come back, they said I could but I would have to wait ALL over again. We had already been waiting for 1 1/2 hours, so I DIDN'T want to do that. I tell them my situation and a lady gave me a diaper. Needless to say I was TOTALLY humiliated. I was not prepared at all for this day. So I have learned a lesson, ALWAYS have diapers and wipes and an extra outfit when leaving the house. Sounds like common sense to me- What is wrong with me???

8 comments:

jenbulkley said...

Nothing is wrong with you silly. It always seems like the trips that should be the shortest always turn out to be the longest. I guess you can never be too prepared with kids

Josh and Michele said...

I swear that it is the moment that you need those things the most, that you don't have them. WIC is so slow. We call it the WIC wait.

Kiley said...

Thanks Erin- I'm glad that picture didn't turn up! I miss our days of no worries, no diapers and just eating and swimming!!! We had some good times didn't we!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry, you are not the only one who leaves the house unprepared! And that is the only time that they poop up their back is when you have no diapers or nowhere to change them. I bet no one there thought a thing about it.

Andrea F. said...

oh sorry, it's never fun to have to go to WIC in the first place... let alone having sick kids!!

Clenece said...

OH my! You poor, poor, poor thing. What a bad day! I have forgotten diapers and wipes many times! When kaden was about 3 months old and he had a major BLOW OUT and I didn't have an extra outfit or an extra blanket to wrap him up in. Luckily they had an extra oneies they let me have, but I felt so dumb!! I hate it when I am not prepared with the baisc baby needs! Just remember we all forget, especailly me!
Oh, and I hate waiting at WIC, especially the end and first day of the month!

Dave and Natasha said...

I don't know who I feel worse for, you or Carter! Ya, I've forgotten those things too, now I usually just keep extras in the car because I have run into that problem before too! Now that Aaralyn's not in diapers I have to have extra pants, just in case, but luckily we haven't had to use them yet! Hopefully we never have a bad accident while we're out!

Staci said...

That totally bites! It sounds like you were a good sport about it all though! I have just started keeping an extra diaper bag in the car with extra diapers, wipes, bottles, sippy cups, formula, p.j.'s and extra clothes for both boys. That way I am always prepared (hopefully) and I don't have to pack it all with me everywhere I go. I learned this trick thanks to the bag tag! :)