Monday, March 31, 2008

Mom, what's for dinner???

Hawaiian Meatballs

1 lb hamburger
1/2 cup corn flakes (crushed)
1 egg
1 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon chopped onion
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp pepper
dash of garlic salt

*mix all together with meat, form into balls and brown in pan.

Sauce:
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
*mix in sauce pan and add 2/3 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
1 Tablespoon ketchup
1 Tablespoon soy sauce

* Heat to boil and add to meat balls, let soak for 10 min in sauce. Serve over rice.

I just made these today (thanks to Jen), they were so good I decided to share with you all. I browned the meatballs in a pan then put in crockpot with the sauce. So easy... This is sooooooo yummy, but very sweet! I also added a small can of Pineapple tidbits, and it was delish!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds yummy! I will definately try this one out!

Lora Lovell said...

Sounds Fabulous! Tell your hubby "thanks for the cookies". He was a great H.T.!! You guys are awesome!

Clenece said...

I am way excited to makes this one. Thanks for sharing the recipe, and thanks for the sample! YUM YUM