Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary Dad & Mom

We just wanted to wish you both a Happy 29th Anniversary!!!
We sure love and miss you guys!
Here are a few things I remember from growing up that I don't want to forget...
-When Ryan would hit me, my mom would say "It's just a LOVE PAT".
-Trips to Lagoon... soooo fun.
-Traveling to Oakland to visit Grandpa & Grandma on their mission, the dancing San Diego Zoo monkeys and P.O.F.(Poop on Floor), sorry Kaitlyn! I was L.T.
-My mom was always home and waiting for me to get home from school, usually with a homemade treat. My Dad worked hard so my mom could stay home with us.
- The slinky... Keaton was a riot.
-My mom wasn't suppose to let me bring my water baby inside, but sometimes would let me sneak it into my room. Too bad the water baby would always break and get everything wet.
-When my mom went to Girls Camp and I wasn't old enough to go. I chased her down the street running and screaming, she still left me home. (They wouldn't let her bring me & she was sad.)
-Dance Recitals that my parents would record, then we would go home and watch it. Everyone would LAUGH at me so hard. For years...still do. Lets get that ONE video out next time I'm home.
-Ernie.
-Peaking through the trailer at my Christmas Presents. I stood on the fence and looked through a tiny window in the trailer, multiple times.
-Putting part of my fake leather shoe in my great-grandma's casket, in effort to remember her. I sure remember her, so it worked! I wonder if anyone saw me???
-Playing cars with my younger brothers, and in return they would play barbies with me. "I have to go pick up my skids from school", right Keato???
-When my brothers and I were lucky enough to talk my mom into buying us a pool, we would set it up, fill it up and go around and around and around. So fun.
-My Dad always claimed that we had a dishwasher (ME), even though we didn't.
-Tanning with Jess on the tramp. Remember we would use baby oil for tanning lotion... no wonder I'm looking OLD.
-Watching my brothers play base-ball at the Washington Ball Fields... remember big daddy E.......?
-Going to Mesquite for a weekend getaway, I LOVED THAT.
-Casper
-Playing canasta.
-Cooking with my mom. I have always loved making dessert, and she would let me make whatever new recipe I had got.
-Whenever something sad had happened in my life, she would take me shopping. Lets just tell Dad we spend this much. oops. {True therapy}.
-I loved being home and with my parents. I had a hard time even sleeping over at friends houses and for years wouldn't even try. I needed my mom. In my teenage years, they couldn't keep me home.
-Every time my best friend Jessica Jones would sleep over she would throw up. Once on our brand new recliner! (Kaitlyn has a friend that does that now... weird).
-We used to cut the grass outside under the tramp (because it was LONG) with scissors and pretend that it was some body's hair.
-We had a three wheeler... and one time I revved it up and it pretty much bucked Kason off the back... oops!
-On sunday afternoons my mom would take us to the church and would let us practice driving in the empty parking lot. She was the coolest mom around. I was probably 12 when it started.
-Watching my dad water the garden.
*I have the most wonderful memories as a child and hope I can provide my children with as many opportunities that I had. You guys are the best parents. Love ya.

Now I love...
-That they are always there for me.
-That my mom takes me clothes shopping after I have a baby.
- Sunday dinners at their house. (When we lived in SG).
-Watching them with my kids, their only grand kids.
Hope you have a great day!

4 comments:

kwBALE family said...

You need to make sure you write down all those memories so you won't ever forget them, and you can tell Ammon, Carter and Peyt about all the fun times when you were little! I text them today to wish them both a Happy Anniversary. Hopefully they did something for themselves this weekend. Oh hey.. Katie made up a blog for them, haha.. nothing is on it yet though! I can't wait to come visit you guys! We need a vaca! I am excited for the beach, so we need to go there. I wanna relax!! I need it! And shopping :) because I think we both need some therapy right now!

Jess said...

Ha! Erin I LOVED this post! I too have so many memories at your house growing up! You forgot few things though...how about everytime you had a certain someone sleep over they threw up all over...EVERYTIME! Or cutting the grass outside with scissors and pretending that it was somebody's hair. Oooh or the three wheeler...remember that? Yes, and I can never forget the first time I drove a car was with you and your mom! FUN TIMES!

Erin said...

Jess you are soooooo right. There are so many more that I didn't put down. I will add these so they will show up in my blog book.

Kiley said...

oh your parents are awesome! hope they have a great anniversary.