Friday, July 3, 2009

And finally life in California, so far...

Okay, so here is our new home. If you are one of those people who find it totally annoying, then just don't look because I personally love to see everyone else's homes, so bear with me.Walkway into the kitchen. I really just wanted you to see how pretty the tile is. I love the edge around the tile in this house, it's beautiful!
Master bath, more beautiful tile work. And check out my tub... finally a nice tub.

I also love that this home has so many of these, I don't know what the proper name is but it's so nice to be able to put my decorations here without having to put nails in the wall since I'm just renting.
The huge "play room". I'm so glad that my kids have more room to play and use their imaginations. It's weird, the kitchen they got for Christmas used to look so big in our tiny house and now I barely notice it.

This is the front room, we don't have any furniture for it. So it will be empty once I get everything put away.

Here is a closer view of the cool little shelf thing in the front room.
And our family room that is connected to the kitchen. i love this room. I love that the kitchen is so open and that I feel part of the family and can still see what's going on when I'm cooking and cleaning. (it's still not totally decorated)
And the kitchen... what can I say except... I LOVE IT. We have had ALOT of cleaning to do in this house. It had been vacant for a while and it was one huge spider web... really! We have killed at least 6 HUGE black widows, a tarantula, and so many flys. We live next to tons of dairy farms and the flys are out of control, so that's been gross! Not to mention that they didn't clean out any of the drawers or cupboards. The master bath had layers of makeup in the drawers. That didn't make me happy, but it's all clean now. So we are doing good, everyone has adjusted really well. I won't lie, it was really hard to let my family leave last Sunday. I cried the night before, in the middle of the night, and of course the next day. Now, we just look forward to their visit next weekend. At least it's close enough that they came come often to see us. Mikes mom has been here with us to help with getting everything cleaned and put away. We did go to Disneyland on Tuesday, but I forgot my camera- HOW LAME IS THAT? We had alot of fun and are going next Tuesday too, so I will bring my camera. **I will take some pictures of the outside of the house and the park that is just next door and I will post then soon.







11 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

Oh your house looks SOOO nice. Something I would love to live in forever. So pretty. I'm glad you're in something so nice so it isn't too hard to leave St. George.

Jess said...

Holy crap! You're house is beautiful!!! I'm glad that you are liking it there!

Kim said...

The house is beautiful!!!! I love it. Good luck out there!!

Kiley said...

YOur house is beautiful!! i've been meaning to call you to see how the adjustment has been but we've been sick and we almost called you yesterday to see if we could come and visit. Oh and i love your boys' birthday cake~! hope you are doing good.

Clenece said...

I am so glad you guys are got there safely! Your house is beautiful! You are a lucky girl! =) Best of luck with the new changes coming your way. Call me when you get a chance, we dont have a Phone Number to get in touch with you guys anymore.

Josh and Michele said...

Love the house. Isn't it nice to have some space finally? I hope that it makes it a little easier to leave. We are coming down in a few weeks....maybe we could meet up and say hi.

Jamey said...

Man, you have a lot of cupboards in your kitchen! How nice! It looks great! good luck with everything!

Deedra said...

Your house is beautiful!! Lucky you!! Isn't it fun decorating a new space? And an empty room just means you get to buy more furniture. :) Looks good!

The Stratton Family said...

you seriously have the cutest decorations! i love your house!

Kurtis and Iva said...

Its awesome! A bit of a step up from the good 'ol town homes!

kwBALE family said...

I love your house! It is gorgeous!!! Lucky duck!! :)