Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yum... homemade bread!!!


My boys are CONSTANTLY helping me in the kitchen. It really is fun, as long as I keep my cool when flour is EVERYWHERE. I got a wheat grinder for Christmas and it is AWESOME! I have done the math and one slice of my bread has 11 grams of FIBER! Yes, that explains why my boys had the poops so bad when they ate a WHOLE loaf. But it is so delicious and good for you!
***We found out that Mike is on the waiting list at Touro... not exactly what we were hoping for. So we will be going to Pomona in a couple weeks for another Interview at Western University. The school seems to be really good, I'm just concerned about housing. The housing I have seen on the internet is either TOTALLY disgusting or SUPER expensive. Just to give you an idea of the totally disgusting part... the cupboards were painted bright PURPLE, the walls bright GREEN, and the ceiling YELLOW. Yes, it's not exactly my style. Now for the Super expensive part... a 3 bedroom, 2 bath duplex, WITH WASHER AND DRYER HOOK-UPS (none of the rentals has this) is $1,900.00 a month. Not really in a students budget... so who knows... I just have to say I LOVE THE WAITING GAME... will it ever end????????????????

5 comments:

kwBALE family said...

that made me laugh about all the fiber, and what it did to the boys! i'll have to sing you a song I learned in my high school foods class about fiber.... you will DIE LAUGHING! Also, I can't believe how much they would charge you for rent down there! Thats crazy!! But.. if i were you.. go with the multi color house :) it will always brighten your day, and when the boys color on the wall.... you won't see it :)

The Schmutz Family said...

I want your recipe. I've been trying to figure out the best, easiest, healthiest recipe. Your boys are so cute. Don't you love "helpers"?

Clenece said...

grrr...I hate the waiting list game. I REALLY hope everything in the end will work out with Las Vegas. That is a BUMMER that CA is that so much money for rent, and that everything is so trashy. We will keep you guys in our prayers! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Kim said...

I know exactly how you feel about the stupid waiting list! Brett was on the one for Indiana...but look where it got us! The whole 'applying to school' situation is sooooo stressful! Do you know where he is ranked and how many they usually accept off the list?

Kim said...

Yea, some of the dental schools Brett applied to did it that way. I am a planner too and I was so frustrated when I didn't have a definate idea of what to expect! I still have bitter feelings towards a lot of those schools...haha!