Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just too good

to not share with you! I love this soup, but beware it can be a little SPICY!!!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 28oz. can Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (I use Las Palmas brand)
1 sm. can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can corn and liquid
2 T. chicken bouillon granules
handful of "nacho" jalapenos, diced small (use more or less, depending on how spicy you like it)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
2-3 chicken breast halves, frozen
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add everything to the crock pot and simmer on low for 6 hours, or until you are ready to eat. Top with cilantro, sour cream, cheese and crushed up tortilla chips. Seriouslly this is soooooooo good and EASY! Oh, take two forks and shred the chicken!

8 comments:

Josh and Michele said...

Yea! Thanks for sharing. I love anything with cilantro. I could probably eat the stuff plain. Well...maybe.

Jess said...

Ooooh! Sounds good! I am definitely going to make this!

Clenece said...

I'll have to make this, this week! Thanks for the dinner idea...I needed that!

Andrea F. said...

oh wow that sounds amazing...i needed a good soup recipe!

Stephanie said...

Hey Erin!! Been awhile huh!? :) You and your family are Adorable!!

Kim said...

Did you really apply to PA school in Indy? That would be so great if you guys ended up here. I actually do like it here (and I am not just saying that so you will come here). It seems to be a "family friendly" big city. Keep us updated.

Josh and Brittany Van Orden said...

Your boys are so cute and so grown up. You look great:)Love, Britt

Cassie said...

Hey Erin! Its been forever!?! Your family is adorable!