Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm so happy I could CRY!!!

Potty training... what a tiring, patience-testing experience this has been thus far... and it's not totally over yet, but he's soooooooo CLOSE! A little while ago I heard the toilet lid open and I went to see what was going on and for the FIRST TIME EVER he realized he had to go pee and went ALL BY HIMSELF! This is major progress. YIPEE!!! He still hasn't conquered going #2 on the toilet, but I think it will happen this weekend. Yesterday he didn't have ANY accidents, but I had to be RIGHT by him and made him sit on the toilet every 10-15 minutes. So we went to Target to buy Woody from Toy Story even though he wouldn't be able to play with him until he went #2. He's still in the box and is just torturing him. Here are some pics from yesterday, he's trying to get Woody off the shelf. It was hilarious... he said "Woody, I'll save you". And tried for about 30 minutes to get him down.
Yes, this is what happened when I had to take Woody away until he goes #2 on the toilet.
This week we also moved the boys in one room and made a play room in the other room... they have still been sleeping through the night and my house is sooooooo much cleaner since we don't have toys EVERY WHERE! I love it. Ammon loves that he has two beds (bunk beds). Carter is still in his crib, but one day will sleep on the bunk beds with Ammon. Today I over heard Ammon and his friend Gavin talking about having a sleep over since Ammon has two beds... ummm.... not yet boys!

10 comments:

kwBALE family said...

haha, this is soo funny! Poor little guy. "Mom, you are so mean!" :)

Jess said...

Yay for Ammon!!! So exciting! Good luck with #2 Once he gets that, you'll be set!

Clenece said...

It sounds like it is getting better...best of luck!

The Schmutz Family said...

Oh yay Erin! I am excited for you to have progress. That is so stinkin cute him trying to get Woody. Smart boy.

Kurtis and Iva said...

That's funny how he tries to climb up and get Woody. You'll have to give me some potty training tips here in a while.

The Colvins said...

I agree, potty training is one of the patience testers!

*/ Jillian said...

How funny! I would have been terrified of him climbing up on that! I guess I'm not totally used to having a boy yet. Yay, for potty training it makes life so much easier

Deedra said...

I love all of the attempts to make it to the shelf. Way funny! Hopefully it was a good weekend!

Kiley said...

He makes me laugh! And I'm impressed with the potty training! I'm glad I'm not there yet, because I would not know where to start

Cami said...

good luck is all I have to say! Potty training is the WORST! he'll get it soon, sounds like he is doing great. Your boys are so cute looks like you guys are doing good!
thanks for your comments, life is crazy at our house but very fun too! yes I should be sleeping as all three of my kids are but I'm not... oh well!