Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Desperate times...

call for desperate measures! Since Monday I have had medicine that Peyton was suppose to take every day, some every 4-6 hours and to be honest I don't think she actually had swallowed any of it up until about an hour ago. I had tried putting some in the side of her mouth while she was sucking on her binky... no luck, spit it all out, every time. Tried putting it in her mouth and then quickly blowing in her face to try to get her to swallow, no luck again. So today I decided I would try putting it in a bottle nipple that is just like her binky to see if she would suck and swallow and IT WORKED! I can't even explain my excitement... maybe now she will start getting better... I'm sure hoping. She is pretty sick, and really scares me. Monday night was the worst, by far. Her nose was pretty much completely stuffed up and since she is so young she doesn't know to open her mouth and breath. We were suctioning her nose and nothing was coming out. I was freaking out, she was suffocating. I was about to tell Mike I was going to call 911 when she sneezed! Lots of thick mucous came out and she could breath again. Thank heavens! Mike then gave her a blessing and she hasn't had anything like that again. Since I have also been using a lot of saline spray for babies that has helped a ton. It has worked miracles in thinning the mucus. So I'm hoping with the medicine in her it will help with her chest congestion, which is really bad today. So I'm scared what tonight might bring... hopefully this medicine will help... PLEASE GET BETTER SOON. I'm exhausted.

5 comments:

Sydney Bale said...

Glad it's getting better! We're Praying for her! And you! :)

Grace said...

Oh Erin, It is so hard and scary when they're little and they get sick like that. Let me know if you need anything. I'm home tomorrow and don't have much going on.

jenbulkley said...

is she sleeping in her carrier? It helps them breath better. I did it for like 4 months wiht Anna. Babies can be scary.

*/ Jillian said...

I swear there is nothing worse than a sick kid and especially when they are so little its scary! Its been a few days since you posted I hope she is doing a ton better! Good luck girl.

Miller said...

That is so scary, and when they are that little it makes it more difficult. I hope she starts to feel better soon. Hang in there.