Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peytons' Birth Story

Okay, now I have to try to remember it all. HAHA. It really has taken me a while to get to this. Well it all started on Sunday, December 27th.

5:00 pm- Started having contractions.

7:00 pm- Told my Mom they were pretty hard ones. Timed them and they were anywhere from 2-5 minutes.

8:00 pm- Called Dr. Gonzalez to see what he wanted me to do, since I was Group B Strep positive and needed at least 2 rounds of antibiotics before I could deliver.

8:45 pm- Got a call back, he said to go in and see where I was at. Then they would decide if I needed to stay.

9:00 pm- Left for the hospital.

9:30 pm- Got to hospital and they took me to triage. I was at a 2... what??? Contractions were hard and in a regular pattern though.

10:15 pm- They told me to go walk the halls of the hospital until midnight and then come back. {Not fun}

December 28, 2009

12:00 am- They checked me, I was at a 3. Contractions even harder and still regular. So they kept me.

12:45 am- Started the IV antibiotics.

2:00 am- got my epidural.

2:30- 7:00am- tried to rest.

8:00 am- found out my Doctor wasn't going to be able to make to the hospital to break my water until sometime after 1:00. {NOT HAPPY AT ALL}

2:30pm- Dr. Gonzalez showed up and broke my water. I was at a 5.5 and I told him not to go far because I go really fast.

2:40 pm- Asked to be checked. {At an 8, I think} I was starting to feel "the poopy feeling", as my nurse said. You know the pressure feeling down there.

2:55 pm- Told the nurse she needed to check me. I was "COMPLETE". She quickly called the doctor. He arrived fast and they started getting everything out and ready. He got all gowned up and I started pushing. She just wouldn't come out, I was pushing as hard as I could and it wasn't working. Then the Doctor said "Don't push", so I stopped and could tell that everyone was panicking a little. I kept asking what was going on and then the Doctor said that he needed to cut the cord now. So he cut the umbilical cord before she even came out. It was wrapped around her neck really tightly. Then he started pulling her head really hard. I was so scared. So between me pushing and the Doctor pulling she was born at 3:05. She was BLUE. It was really quite scary. But she quickly started crying and her color turned pink. She was covered with vernix. The nurses asked if she was preemie because of how much she has all over her. She has been a very good and content baby so far. She sleeps very well at night, only getting up usually around 3 and then 6ish. And... I'm so happy to not be pregnant anymore. Oh it is sooooooo nice!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I am so jealous you are not pregnant and I still am. Sounds like a pretty mellow delivery except for the end....I'm so glad things worked out!

kwBALE family said...

i still can't believe her cord was wrapped around her neck.. that is so scary! I asked my sister what had happen to Maesi when she delivered her.. and I was wrong.. the cord wasn't wrapped around her neck too. I thought it was. It was just she was the wrong way or something, haha. I am so glad that you and Peyton are ok! Those pictures on your camera, where she has a blue/purple face.. was SOOO SAD!! it broke my heart!! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow, and remember.. we gotta do cafe rio for sure this time!! I don't work tomorrow, so lets go when you get here! drive safe, love you guys lots

Clenece said...

Glad she is here and everything ended up being okay...kind of scary there for a few minutes at the end!

Grace said...

Weren't you originally scheduled to be induced that day? The same thing happened with Gracie...I started having contractions the night before the day I was scheduled to be induced. Thank goodness everything turned out well.

Josh and Michele said...

Those scary moments stick with you forever. I am so glad everything was okay and she is doing so good!
Gotta love girlies!

Williams Family said...

So I thonk my dad will do that he has done stuff like that before but i will ask him tomorrow i would love to see u guys when u come down even for a min if that is all u have if it is the 18 th u will be here it is kai birthday so just call me 229 2756 and we can talk.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck! She's gorgeous! Congrats! I had no idea, but then again, I have been MIA while moving. So glad everything turned out okay. I hope you are settling in. How is it with 3 kids? YIKES