Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rewind...

I'm not HUGE on Valentines because I think we should do things for each other more then just once a year, don't get me wrong I still celebrate Valentines though. Anyways, I like Valentines for more then it just being a Holiday. Six years ago today is when I really fell in love with Mike. We went on a date, it was kind of last minute and I think both of us would have rather been with someone else (sad, I know) but I'm so glad we went on that date 6 years ago. We had the most awkward night ever, I was working at Dillard's at the time and didn't get off work until 9 pm and Mike picked me up from work and we met some friends at Outback. When we got there, there were TONS of people that we didn't even know and one guys WHOLE family. He ended up proposing to his girlfriend and we didn't even know it was going to happen. SO WEIRD... Anyways after we watched a movie and from that time on we stopped dating anyone else and we were engaged 3 months later. I am so thankful for my husband, he is such a hard worker and is so crazy busy I don't know how he finds time for us between taking sooooooo many credits and working. But I am so thankful for him. I am so thankful for the Lords hand in all things, I know he is watching out for all of us. It's hard to always be so patient and willing to go wherever he wants us to go for school but I know in the end it will all work out exactly how it is suppose to and we will be happy. Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!!!

I also want to THANK my little bro Kason and his wife Wendy. They are so awesome and always call and ask if they can watch our boys so we can go on a date, I soooooooooo appreciate them. Anyways last night they watched the boys and made a really cute little book about why they love their mom and dad. I took some pictures but I don't have time right now to put them on here, so I will do it later. But it is so cute and I LOVE IT, thanks guys- You're the BEST!

2 comments:

Holley and Brandon said...

I so remember that date! How funny, I had totally forgotten about that. Anyway, no, I have not had the baby yet. So frusterating- I'm so sick of the anticipation I just want it to happen already! I'll let you know if anything changes...

Clenece said...

I need a good babysitter too! lol What sweethearts!!!

I remember the good old Dillard Days. That post brought back lots of memories. I am so glad you guys are together. You guys are great for each other.

We truly do miss you guys, we passed the "abandon house for Sale" yesterday that we SO wished would have been your new home here. lol...Hopefully one day we will live close again!