Friday, August 15, 2008

I said a "naughty" word...

Today I said something (totally out of frustration) I definitely should not have said, and Ammon followed with a very adult like reaction. It went something like this...
Me- Ammon, please stop whining. (this happened like 20 times)
Ammon- No Mom!
Me- Ammon... shut up!
Ammon- Mom that is a very naughty and rude word. We don't say that word! We say go in the corner, or 1-2-3 go in the corner, be quiet, or please stop. But, NEVER SHUT UP! He is such a good boy and I feel like a horrible mom. I swear he was sent to teach me, not for me to teach him. I love you bud and I'M SORRY!

10 comments:

Miller said...

The same thing happens to me. Avery tells me what I did was not nice and to go to the corner. It's kind of funny. Because she says it just like I do. I love little kids. We miss you guys!!

Jess said...

That Ammon is such a smarty pants!

Staci said...

At least you know you're doing something right! He knew the rules! It is amazing how humbled we can be by our young kids.

*/ Jillian said...

This cracked me up. I was waiting to hear what word you said secretly hoping that it was some of the ones that slip out of my mouth when I am beyond frustration! Dang, shut up was a dissapointment. Funny!

LeAnn said...

I am not sure how many times I have to tell my kids I'm sorry for something I have said or done it sure is humbling isn't it. I am so grateful that they are so forgiving and that we can try again and again. Your an awesome Mom!

LeAnn

The Paske Family said...

You WON!! I am so glad you signed up for my pay it forward. I am currently out of town, so I will get your address from Jess when I get back next week! Thanks Sara

Kim said...

Ammon is so funny. How are you guys doing? I never heard how Mike did on his Test...have you guys applied to school? Just so you know, there is a PA school here in good old Indianapolis! Just think, you would have a friend the whole time cuz we have to be here for 4 years.

Lora Lovell said...

That is great that he knows! That means you are a good mom and he is learning good things! Kids are forgiving...thank heavens! But, I know it makes us feel so little, when they remind us of these things :=)

Staci said...

Yes, the class will cover CS3. I was hoping you would be interested. I will let you know when she gets everything set up (dates/times).

Clenece said...

Ammon just makes me laugh! lol!