Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Weekend

In some of the pictures you can see my parents dog in the background. She was so funny, she was swimming in the lake trying to catch fish! My brother, Ryan caught a fish and was trying to show all the little kids the fish and the dog jumped up and caught the fish in her mouth. It was gross, but funny! She's a little huntin' dog... I guess she just fits in the family!
What a weekend! We started out camping on Beaver Mountain, then stayed with Mikes brother Mason and his wife Jaci, then went to a BBQ at his brother Glenn's house, we also watched fireworks there, then went to a family reunion. It was kind of crazy, but we didn't miss a thing. The boys enjoyed all of it but the highlights were Papa's 4-wheelers and swimming with cousins.Mike, my Dad and brothers all like shooting their bows when we are camping. Camping over the 4th is a tradition with my family. Last year, on Beaver Mountain, Ammon fell in the camp fire. This year we didn't have a fire and thankfully we were all safe!
Carter LOVED my parents new trailer! Yes, they bought a trailer so we wouldn't have to cook on a campfire. I am VERY happy about that!!!This was at the family reunion... gotta love those! I barely knew anyone, but we had a good time.

4 comments:

Watts Family said...

Your pages turned out so cute!! I love that kit from Summer Driggs. Mason had such a good weekend with Ammon and Carter, I will see you this afternoon...

Kiley said...

I'm glad you had a fun weekend and there were no fire stories this year!

Dave and Natasha said...

Yes, good to hear there weren't any accidents this year! I love the picture of your mom? holding Carter! Your photography is so good!!! Oh, and is their dog a jack russell? I miss our JRT-Penny!

Erin said...

Natasha- their dog is a Jack Russell Terrior. She is the funniest dog I have ever seen. Did you have a JRT too???